B.S., or M.S., in Electrical Engineering or a related field of study that provided the required knowledge and abilities, and 5+ years of related experience that provided the required skills and abilities.
Essential Job Functions
To regulate and maintain sub-systems, transceivers, up-converters, down-converters, and overall system design, including tuning and testing.
- Work on RF Amplifier (PA’s, LNA’s, Driver Amp) module design and layout using SMD’s and MMIC’s.
- Execute DC-180GHz Active/Passive Frequency Converter module design.
- Perform Microwave and Millimeter Wave micro strip passive circuit design (Filters, Power Combiners, Couplers)
- Design control circuits and Regulators with Thin Film and/or PCB approach.
- Improve existing Passive Products.
- Support existing Production of Millimeter Wave components related to manufacturing, testing and tuning.
- Design complex multilayer, high-speed digital, RF and analog boards, using knowledge of board fabrication, assembly and test.
- Knowledge of EM Simulation – HFSS Preferred – Working with Microstrip filters, Waveguide filters, Waveguide Couplers, Coax to WaveGuide adapters, Power Combiners
- Work with CAD group for mechanical design of new product and/or modification of existing product.
- Create technical documents such as Acceptance Test Procedure, along with active involvement in Manufacturing Traveler’s.
Working knowledge of high frequency circuit/system simulators and CAD layout for multi-layer high-frequency PCB. A working familiarity with common passive and active microwave structures and network analysis techniques. Knowledge of module and subsystem operation/integration required. Understanding of device physics desired. Familiarity with CMOS foundry technologies and their layout practices is a plus. Knowledge of large signal measurements and load pull is a plus.
Essential Physical/Mental Requirements
Applicant must be able to interact professionally with program managers, co-workers, customers, operate complex electronic equipment, perform detailed analyses of integrated circuits/subsystems, and prepare written and oral presentations. Ability to work well in a team and independently. Must be willing to travel and work in a team of highly skilled engineers on complex projects, and willingness to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
U.S. citizenship is required.
At Mi-Wave,, our employees work on cutting edge technological advancements within the mmWave industry. Our industry is growing and leading the push for technologies like 5G communications, Space, Autonomous driving, military applications and others, If you want to be a part of true innovation and work on a variety of projects with some of the world’s biggest companies then this is the place for you.